Love & Monster Trucks is a feature length narrative film currently in development.
18-year-old Chicana artist, Impala Mata, can't wait to escape her 4x4 truck-obsessed, Texas bordertown family. But the summer before she's supposed to leave for college, she falls in love with a girl -- a truck-racer, no less -- and suddenly, Impala finds herself drawn back into her family’s 4x4 world, in ways she never expected.
Love & Monster Trucks is inspired by writer/director Cristina Ibarra's experiences growing up around her family’s trucks, modifying shops, junkyards, and car lots, on both sides of the U.S./Mexico border.
Semifinalist, Sundance Institute
- Writer's Lab & Creative Producing Fellowship
Official Selection, IFP‘s Independent Film Week
- No Borders International Co-Production Market
Official Selection, NALIP
- Film Counseling Series & Producers Academy
Official Selection, Guadalajara Film Market
- Iberoamerican Films Crossing Borders
- Creative Capital, Rockefeller Foundation, Astraea Foundation, New York State Council for the Arts, National Association of Latino Arts and Culture (NALAC)
Fiscal Sponsor: Women Make Movies